2013 Atlantic City Airshow – Thunder Over the Boardwalk
An annual event sponsored by Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce and, is aptly named “Thunder Over The Boardwalk”. People come from 100′s of miles a away drive to the shore to watch one of the East Coast’s best FREE events. The new date is June 26, 2013 begining at 10:30 a.m. and continuing throughout the day into the late afternoon, it’s a FREE event on the beach and Boardwalk of Atlantic City, New Jersey. In the past, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa was the title sposnor but no longer is involved in that way.
This year Airshow features incredible aerobatic maneuvers, military and civilian pilots flying in formation. Look for solo routines and other amazing surprises, this is one of the most popular days of the year in Atlantic City and the Jersey Shore. Remember to book hotel rooms in advance this year as the Airshow draws 100′s of thousands of spectators annually! More Details
The 11th annual Atlantic City Airshow, “Thunder Over the Boardwalk” is coming Wednesday June 26, 2013, and by all accounts it is set to be another rousing success. City estimates put the crowd at somewhere in the area of 250,000 people so mark your calendars now. We’ll update this post with all the details as they are available.
Atlantic City Airshow Hotel Discount Reservations Center Call 1-888-392-8288 to make reservations at any and all casinos and hotels in AC. Use discount code AIR10 for 10% Instantly on all bookings!
Atlantic City’s airshow has become the second-largest beachfront airshow in the country, ranking behind only Fort Lauderdale’s Air and Sea Show, which is typically held in the first week of May. Also, rumors are swirling regarding this years airshow headliner. The Navy’s Blue Angels have expressed a strong interest in returning to AC after their special co-starring appearance with the Air Force’s Thunderbirds in 2013, which celebrated the Blues’ 62th anniversary.
Those directly in the know on the topic say that the Blues want to return because of the high level of hospitality and professionalism associated with “Thunder Over the Boardwalk” and also due to the uniquely long show line (industry-speak for the length of airspace that the crowd has access to) that AC’s beach and Boardwalk present. While the usual land-based airshow typically uses a runway for a show line that is somewhere around 10,000 feet long (just under two miles), the four-mile strip of AC beach makes for a longer and thinner crowd line that in turn makes for more fun for the displaying pilots.
Atlantic City’s reputation as an airshow city has also extended to the far North, as there is even interest on the part of Canada’s Snowbirds Demonstration Team in flying next year’s show. The Snowbirds are no stranger to Southern New Jersey, as they have flown at the Millville “Wheels and Wings” show in the last few years. No matter which US team pays a visit next year, the Snowbirds might still make an appearance, as they fly a handful of shows every year in the US, and they are often accompanied on the bill by an American jet team. Plan now to attend, you can research the tips for the Airshow in Atlantic City and watch your favorite thrills in the clear blue sky!
Airshow Schedule Atlantic City - Updated
- 10:00 – Airspace Closes for Airshow
- 10:30 – Blue Cross Blimp Flybys
- 10:45 – Airshow Sponsors Banner Tow Aircraft Flybys
- 11:00 – Army Golden Knights Flag Jump w/National Anthem
- 11:08 – Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 11:15 – NJ ANG 177th FW F-16 Fighting Falcon Flyby (4-ship)
- 11:17 – NJ ANG 108th WG KC-135R Stratotanker Flyby
- 11:19 – McGuire 504th AMW C-17A Globemaster III Flyby
- 11:23 – MA-ANG 104th FW F-15C Eagle Flyby (2-ship)
- 11:25 – DE-ANG 166th AW C-130H Hercules Flyby (2-ship)
- 11:27 – NJ ANG Composite Flyby (KC-135 & F-16)
- 11:29 – NJ State Police Helicopter (AW139, Bell 206, S-76) Flyby
- 11:31 – Raiders Demonstration Team 2-Ship Aerobatics
- 11:40 – US Coast Guard Search & Rescue Demonstration
- 11:55 – FAA William J Hughes Tech Center Convair 580 and Global 5000 Flybys (2-passes) 12:00 – MidAtlantic MedEvac Flyby
- 12:01 – US Navy HSL-48 SH-60B Seahawk Flyby (2-passes)
- 12:03 – Andrew McKenna AT-6 Texan Aerobatic Demonstration
- 12:10 – Jim Beasley Jr. Spitfire Demonstration
- 12:20 – USAF NY-ANG 103rd RQS ParaRescue Demonstration
- 12:30 – USAF RI-ANG 143rd AW C-130J Hercules Flybys (2-passes)
- 12:35 – GEICO Skytypers
- 12:55 – USAF-AETC 37th FTS T-6A Texan II (4-ship) Flyby
- 12:57 – Hawker Beechcraft T-6C Texan II Demonstration
- 13:12 – Black Diamond Jet Team
- 13:48 – USAF F-4 Flybys (2-ship) 4-passes
- 13:55 – USAF Heritage Flight (F-4 & P-51)
- 14:05 – Raiders 6-ship Demonstration Team
- 14:25 – GEICO Speedboat Race
- 14:33 – SURPRISE FLYBY
- 14:40 – PPG Red Eagle Airsports Pitts Solo Aerobatic Demonstration
- 15:00 – USAF Thunderbirds
- 16:30 - Airshow Ends – Hope You Had a Blast!
- Kanye West – Boardwalk Hall Atlantic City – February 22, 2014 Tickets
- Ringo Starr Atlantic City – Caesars Casino June 21st, 2014
- Jamie Foxx – Revel Ovation Hall – 03-07-2014
- Chicago & REO Speedwagon – Borgata Events Center – 8/22/2014
- Badfish: A Tribute to Sublime – House of Blues Atlantic City – 4/20/2014